2013

2013

Tidbits of Us

I am the wife of an amazing man, seeking hard after God's will for his family, and the mother of 3 beautiful little girls and a 4th baby lost in pregnancy, who all pull at my heartstrings continually. Life has been a whirlwind since our wedding in 2008, including seminary, adventures in camp ministry, missions in Kosovo, and countless moves and God's fingerprints are throughout it all. We are blessed and encouraged that He is equipping us continually for the ministry ahead and pray we are great stewards to all he has entrusted to us, in family, friends, ministry, finances, and of course, the gospel.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Home, Home on the Range...

It's literally where the deer and the antelope play out here.

Life has been pretty routine, and hence the extremely long wait since my last post. Sorry about that. I hope y'all didn't give up on me!

Aaron and I have been enjoying the summer, although, not so much the extreme heat living in the desert provides. I've done all I can to stay in doors mid-day with Madison, unless we are in the pool. Aaron's mom came for a visit at the end of July so that Aaron and I could take the WFR (Wilderness First Responder) course, which as 7 days long. It was a fun class though, and we are now certified to do so much!! We are kind of like paramedics, except we do all we can without any machines (hence the wilderness part of the title) and we know a few extra fun tricks and tips above a paramedic, because being in the wilderness is considered an hour or more (as in days) away from any medical help. You can even trust us to put a traction splint on a fractured femur! (not your every day splint I must say.) Part of our final exam was putting together a search crew at night and finding our patients out on the side of the mountain, assessing and getting them all fixed up and into some sort of shelter until "medical help arrived". It made for a long night, but it was really kind of fun. Now I'm just waiting the WFR call that demands stabilizing the c-spine and evacuating... is it bad I will be a little excited if I'm ever on call for that accident?? I hope I get to ride in the helicopter...

Madison had a great time with Grandma A that week, although, all the time without us produced a clingy little girl in the end. But the hugs and love was very welcomed after so many long days. She is now 14.5 months old and doing a ton of fun things!! She loves to babble on and on in her fluent "alien" talk, and has a few more words in her vocabulary, however, almost anything that moves is still a doggie or a turtle. And no, she still isn't saying mama. Now and then I catch her making the "ma" sound slowly, so I try to encourage her by saying "mama", but she happily replies with "Dada!". I think we are getting close though... eventually I'm sure.

We've also been very excited to announce our news of Baby Anderson #2, who will be arriving around April 6th! At this point we are pretty sure we won't find out the gender until the birth. I've heard it's one of the greatest surprises life can give you, and if we can just make it, I'd love to experience it!! However, Aaron and I are really really terrible with surprises! We can't even wait a few days with a gift for the other one... the only real chance we have of waiting until the occasion is if we hold out and do our shopping last minute, but even then, there's a slim chance. I think once we are past the 20 week ultra sound, if we can make it past without finding out, then we will be alright. Just got to get there first! At this point, I'm really thinking it's a boy though. I didn't have a leaning one way or the other until our first ultra sound, and since, I've just had this feeling. I had it with Madison, and I as right, so we will see if it's really a natural built in mommy thing, but I'm skeptical of those to begin with.

So far this pregnancy I'm feeling fine. Now and then I may get an over all not feeling well moment, but part of me thinks it's all in my head, and part of me thinks that there really isn't any nausea involved in those moments, so maybe it's just a non-pregnancy related feeling. but, I'm truly hoping this pregnancy is as easy as Madison's was! Except all the hip pain... I can do without that this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment